Synthetic Oil VS. Conventional Oil?

Most people know that synthetic motor oils typically perform better than conventional motor oils in providing protection for your vehicle, but they might not know why. What’s the real difference between synthetic and conventional oil, are there any benefits?

In a nutshell, synthetic oil is thinner, resists temperature extremes better and generally lasts longer. You likely won’t notice any difference in how your car performs, but the durability characteristic is the most important from a car owner’s perspective, as it translates to less frequent oil changes compared to conventional motor oil.  Synthetic oil has the highest levels of lubrication and engine protection, generally offering better protection at start-up, better cleansing qualities, enhanced durability and better protection against heat buildup.

Here is a little bit of the science behind it: Base oil makes up nearly 80% of a motor oil formulation, and additives make up the remaining nearly 20%. The chemically engineered molecules in synthetic base oil have more uniform properties, while the molecules found in conventional base oil differ in shape and levels of impurity.

No wonder why nearly 70% of new cars today use synthetic motor oil to help maintain performance. Check your owner’s manual to determine whether your vehicle requires synthetic or conventional oil.

If you want to schedule an oil change, give us a call at 407-201-7950 or come visit us at: 350 W Carroll Street Kissimmee, FL 34741. Also, stop by in the month of October and take advantage of our synthetic oil special, click here for more information.

Royal Motors is your dealer alternative!

Advertisements

One thought on “Synthetic Oil VS. Conventional Oil?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s